Jane Doe Inc., the Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence, is excited to bring anti-violence educators and preventionists, activists, community organizers, human services, youth development and health care providers, educators, employers, coaches, and allies to a day-long summit to learn, share, and network.
WHEN: Thursday, December 14
TIME: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
(Registration begins 8:00 am)
WHERE: DCU Center
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: BYRON HURT
Activist, Lecturer, Writer, Award Winning Documentary Filmmaker including his film “Hip Hop: From Beats and Rhymes” and new project called “Hazing.” Byron has been using his craft, his voice, and his writings to broaden and deepen how people think about gender violence, race, music, visual media, and food justice.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT:
The Summit will explore the intersections between gender equity, racial justice, and healthy masculinities, the impact these issues may have on survivors of gender-based violence and community violence, and the opportunities to foster a society where everyone can be their full and authentic selves free from fear and violence.
Participants will strengthen and enhance their understanding about primary prevention and community organizing, including initiatives led by men, focusing on towards gender equity, reimagined manhood, and social norms change; masculinity beyond cisgender men; and the roles that each of us can play to foster equity, safety and justice.
Download flyer to share with your colleagues, classmates
and friends! (WORD) (PDF)
- Registration for workshops will open up on Tuesday, November 7 and close on December 7.
- FREE for staff at JDI member programs, MA RPE funded programs, and high school/ college/ university students
- $55 per person for staff at allied organizations
- Each person must register individually. There is no group registration or group discounts.
- On- site registration is available at $60. No cash please. Only checks and credit/ debit cards.
A few important notes about registration:
- Space is limited. Registration is REQUIRED. If necessary, JDI may create a waiting list.
- No refunds will be issued.
- If you are unable to attend, please notify JDI at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of the program date.
- If you would like to table at the summit, please indicate so in your registration
- Member organizations can table for free with advance registration
- Allied organizations can table for an additional $45
- If you were unable to indicate your interest in the registration form, but would still like to table please contact email@example.com
Food will be served. If you have any dietary restrictions or accessibility needs, please contact Jane Doe Inc. at ph: 617-557-1806, fax: 617-248-0902, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 16, 2017. In your message, please provide your contact information and accommodation request.
This summit has been developed for JDI member programs, DPH funded rape crisis centers, WRD Ambassadors, WRD Affiliates and JDI invited guests.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Questions? Please contact JDI at 617-557-1821 or email@example.com
Funding for this event was made possible in part by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The views expressed in written materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.